Some interesting facts about J.K Rowling:
- The books have won multiple awards, and sold more than 500 million copies. Becoming the best selling book series in history. They have also been the basis for a film series.
- Harry potter and the philosopher stone was published in 1997. There were six sequels, of which the last, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, was released in 2007.
- J.K Rowling and Harry potter share the same birthday: July 31st
- The original harry potter manuscript was rejected by 12 publishing houses before Bloomsbury picked it up
- She wrote her initial Harry potter ideas on a napkin while on the train to London.
I got some information off Wikipedia
J.K Rowling Mental illness story.
Harry potter author J.K Rowling used her experience with depression and thoughts of suicide as inspiration for her fantasy series. When she was speaking with Oprah Winfrey, she confirmed that the dementors in the books were a metaphor for depression and said “sadness is not a bad thing, to cry and to feel. And it was because of my daughter that I got help with the mental health illness.